Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'm back

I wonder if you noticed my absence for roughly six months. And I'm still alive :) though the Flu is still there, and as I read on BBC online the scare-production is till on and going. This flu, I learn, could kill 62 million people, experts have warned.
Will this scaremongering never stop?
They cite The Lancet, which says that the 1918 pandemic claimed 50 million lives, and experts predict the toll today would be higher than this, despite hstrain
Lethal global flu epidemics tend to occur three or four times a century.
Some scientists believe a new one may be imminent and could be triggered by bird flu.
So far there have been only 258 cases of the latest strain of avian flu, H5N1, recorded in humans.
Nothing new. And, again, they - the experts, suggest, that the well to do, affluent minority of the global population are on the safer side, whereas the poor majority, living in the so called developing countries have a good chance to be wiped out - and with them a good portion of the planet's problems.
As you know, I'm not suggesting that there is no such thing as the birds flu and that one should not be alerted and take all possible measures to avoid the malady. What I suggest, is that certain business interests are behind the drive to scare us more than necessary, so that we will buy their products - their latest drugs and gadgets that would protect us from ---- from turning into what someone captured on this video:


Imagine what would happen if the experts were right: the population would die, not of the direct effects of the virus, but because of the cacophony the 62 million human beings turned cocks would create!

I wonder why nobody is a safe means against this: small earplugs for all of us.
But the fear is that this strain could mutate and spread quickly and easily between people, triggering a deadly pandemic.
I wish you a happy new year!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home